Sunday, January 15, 2012

My wife doesn't work. Is she really entitled to alimony in Florida?

I have been married for a little over five years and I am in the middle of a divorce. I am trying to solve this thing amicably but the more things I concede to the more my soon to be ex wants. My S2BX wants me to pay her $800 a month in alimony for the next four years, keep the house, keep the kids (young), keep most of our possessions so she can go to school while she maintains a measly part time job to cover minor expenses. She keeps mentioning to me that she is consulting with people (not necessarily attorneys) that keep telling her she can get more from me. Now, I can understand rehabilitative alimony to help with the adjustment for a new life but four years??? Considering she cheated on me is this something she can actually win in a contested case? My wife *can* work and nothing in our marriage kept her from contributing to the finances. She chose not to for most of our marriage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment